Thursday, April 01, 2010

I haven't posted on this in quite awhile.
A lot has changed.
I'm now married to my wonderful husband John...May 30th will be our one year anniversary! In some ways it's hard to believe it's been that long and others it seems like we've been together forever. I'm so glad to have found that special person to share my life with.
A few months after we got married we purchased a house and moved from Charlotte to a small area of Gastonia called Ranlo. I enjoy living away from the city and finally having a yard of my own.
My goal lately has been to spend every semi-sunny, free moment out in my yard planting something. The past two weeks I have pulled weeds, spread mulch, planted and watered flowers, filled my bird feeders, and planned out my garden that my Dad is going to help me start this weekend. I plan to plant Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Cantaloupe, Pole Beans, and Peas. My Dad owns a Tiller so that is going to make breaking up the ground a lot easier. I think I'm going to try to use the tiller on my flower beds so I can pull up some of these weeds the lazy way...I have yet to find any weed killer that is OK to use in flower beds...plus I have three dogs so that worries me a little.
Yesterday a friend of mine from work gave me a plastic bag full of Iris bulbs to plant in my yard...I can't wait until they grow and start blooming!
That's all for now...eventually I will upload some photos of the yard.

No comments: