Monday, April 12, 2010

Garden

I planted my garden last week. I didn't end up planting as many vegetables as I thought I would...I decided to not go overboard my first year. I ended up planting: Tomatoes, Squash, Peas, Green Beans and Cantaloupe. My Tomatoes are slowly growing, but I haven't seen any growth from the others because I planted seeds.
This weekend I worked more on my front yard and flowerbeds. Two weeks ago I beat down and ripped up tons of vines growing all over my middle flower bed...ugh such a pain! The vines had grown over the garden bench that the previous owners had left behind so I relocated it to a better spot in the corner of my front yard (In place of where the bench once was I planted a Yellow Knockout Rose Bush). In the corner with the bench, I planted Purple Phlox, Butterfly Bush and three other Perinnials ( I can't remember their names) that attract Butterflies. I also Planted Euphorbia Blackbird in the flowerbed directly in front of my porch. Saturday I also planted two Gardenia bushes at the side of my front yard. One is a Daisy Gardenia and the other is called August Beauty.
I haven't planted anything in my backyard besides my garden because I already have two Flowering Trees back there and some Hostas under my porch. I did buy a fuschia hanging plant for my backyard. Those plants are so pretty they almost look fake.
After I felt like I had killed myself enough to rest I hung in my hammock at the top of my drive way and looked up at the sky. I have a birch tree in my backyard where the birds like to hang out between flights to my bird feeder. The birds didn't even know I was there most of the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's great, sounds like you've been busy! I can't wait til I have a house so I can do all that too. I tried to plant herbs from seeds, but they died quickly.